Saturday, May 15, 2010

Lovely Day!

Well I was not sure what to do first today so I just turned over and snoozed till 9:00 this morning - BADDDDDDD!!!  Then after breakie I decided I'd better get out for my first walk in the park - I chose King's Park and then I could zip over to drop off Angela's BD card too!  Well by the time I got mobile I had to change pants twice - my causual khakis were humongous so into the recycle they went and the other pair well so so I thought.  I didn't get there till 11:15 and it was getting mighty hot out, but I had a LOVELY brisk walk on the outer paths of the park, even ran into Judy & Don from the Camera Club days for a nice chat.  But once around the park was barely half an hour so turned around and off I went again around back to the start - total of 45 minutes only BUT it had it's ups and downs which I think added to the quality of the walk.

Then I took a LOVELY drive along Kilkenny and Cloutier and saw some WOW AWESOME homes and would have loved to walk the route to look at them longer.  Well I arrived at Angela's and as usual they were out tending their yard - always beautiful - front and back. 

When she saw me she just exclaimed in happy surprise at my weight loss but said those pants need to go my dear!!!  Bruce also complimented me on my new look too.  Apparently Angela does that route on her walk from St. Norbert to the U of M so she's invited me to join her one day and I just might do so - need a bit more endurance build up first!  So we sat and chatted a bit before I headed home with a pair of her too big brown crop pants - ummmm just a might toooo tight for me just yet - but who knows maybe I'll get into them by mid-summer! 

I got back home  (and into the garbage those worn pants went too) and ready for a much needed hair cut too.  Even stopped at WalMart and picked up those walking shorts with the skirt attached as I'm not walking in pants again - too warm.  Now I'm back home and relaxing a might (sore back and hip again) and back into my stitching for the evening.

Tomorrow I'll think about doing my usual walk (but earlier for sure) or maybe drive to Assiniboine Park and check that out and maybe read in the Leo Mole(?) garden a might before heading home to get ready for my Lewiscraft girls supper and craft night!!!  This time I'm showing them how to needle felt.  AND I found some wool in large packages at Ram Wools for only $2.50 - very good price.  So now I have the much needed yellow and red to my collection of wool - we can make whatever.

No comments: