Thursday, May 20, 2010

HOT OUT!!!

What a lovely day out but it sure got warm on my walk - glad for the breeze!!! I’m now up to 35 minutes at lunch times and anywhere from 1 to 1.5 hours each day on the weekends (now trying to walk in a park setting rather than surrounding area). I’m hoping to do one evening a week in the full walk instead but that might change too. See I’ve asked and gotten approval to start work at 9:00 each day so I can take my walks in the mornings instead of in the heat of the lunch hour and that'll start in June. So I think I’ll just ensure I’m up with the alarm and have a small breakfast then take my 1 hour walk and back home to get ready and eat something else before going to work. I’m now down 24 pounds and I’m feeling great!!!

Well I brought my walking shorts and tank and hat with me to work today. Terri had asked when I was going for my walk and to let her know when I’m back as she wanted to know how windy it was and whether or not to go on her usual late lunch for a walk. I should have realized something was strange as she was visiting us instead of upstairs in her other office – NADA!!! Well I finally got away from the desk and got out the door in my walking outfit but work sandals – so back in I came to change into my walkers and she laughed at me. Then out the door just about at the elevator and had to turn back for my hat and MP3 and this time she said am I ever going for that walk!!! Nope still didn’t catch on – and this time I left!

WELL them sneaky gals (I saw Darlene coming in with cake this morning but there’s a retirement going on this afternoon so I thought it was for that) and Terri had balloons blown up under her desk (I didn’t notice them either) and they all rushed around in that 35 minute walk to set it all up in front of my desk. Even balloons and my picture and 55 on the door (no it is not today)!!! At first when I got back I was upset, but when I came inside and saw all the decorations and cake and munchies I just smiled then hurriedly went to freshen up and change back into my work clothes. I’m still in a good mood - hope it sticks around a long while!!!

Also a few cards and another gift certificate for The Bay so not sure what I’ll go buy this time with it – SHEESH!!! Maybe a summer dress???

Oh well it was okay, as I’m in a good mood still and even though I’m not retiring this month, I’m still OK with soon turning 55 and still working – I think this walking is doing the positive thing for me!!! I’m going to enjoy it!!!

So THANK YOU to all those who gave me that party, it was a lovely surprise!

No comments: