Saturday, May 08, 2010

I'm DONE Shopping!

Okay, I've had it for clothes shopping for a while now!!!  I just spent another 2-3 hours running around with my niece's help this afternoon and yes I came home with more to wear!  We started out at Winners and I took Angela's advice and tried on all that caught mine and Pat's eye even if I wasn't sure about it.  LOL!  It was hilarious as some definitely were not for me at all and some were but neither were happy with them so - NADA to them.  BUT Pat chose this dress that I could dress it up with accessories or just casual and at first I said NAH but did try it on and landed up it being the only purchase there.  Weird, I'd never have looked at it otherwise.

Then we went to Ten Thousand Villages just to see what's there and WOW some neato gifts at reasonable prices too - definitely will be back there!  Pat bought a couple of neat throw pillows for the leather couch and if not then the gazebo - but she'll be back on at the end of the month when their sale is on and check out some of their jewellry.  I picked up a lovely dragonfly painted river rock paperweight, and Indian Chai tea bags (which they said was mega better than Tetley's) and a heavily beaded choker (was only $2) not to wear but for the beads!!!

Then off to exchange Pat's purchase at Reeboks and I went into Reitman's - WOW lots in there too.  I had a handful to try on and then Pat gave me three she insisted I try on - LOL!  Well I came out with the blouse similar to the one I just loved at Winners but it was too small and the black jeans Pat found for me!!!  Yep another pair that had me a smiling before I was out of the change room and she wholeheartedly approved of the outfit!!!

Okay so I killed just about $300 of my alloted $400 clothes budget from my tax refund and am totally pleased with my purchases.  I think I'll wait till June/July to shop for the remaining amount and maybe this time with Angela?  Will see.

So my lot was:
1.  navy pants, mango & tangerine t-shirts
2.  abalone shell earrings
3.  dri-more walking jacket & socks
4.  waist pack for walking
5.  black short sleeved cardigan & v-neck long sleeved red t-shirt
6.  PJs - 2 bottoms & 1 top
7.  dress
8.  Chai tea, beaded choker & paperweight
9.  black jeans & green cotton blouse

I figured I did not too badly (especially most of it was by myself) in three days!!!  AND none were from the plus sizes this time AND also like two sizes less than before!!!

No comments: