Saturday, December 20, 2008

Belle's Winter Gear

Well last week Pat asked if I'd make Belle a warmer doggie jacket out of Randy's older fleece hoodie and maybe use the emblem off his T-shirt to dress it up? See Belle never liked the cold and since she's gotten older these frigid temps we've been getting cramp her style badly. She doesn't even chase rabbits like she used to!!!

And I can tell you it's getting cold again after a lovely -16C temps today (balmy compared to last week) and with the snow that fell all day and now the wind picking up I'm glad I did my errands today and finished off Belle's outfit and delivered it. It's not perfect but without a model handy it's not that bad, but in need of some butt end extension!!! LOL!

Last week I stopped into ValuVillage and found this kids fleece blanket like brand new for $0.99 and could not resist making another inside cover for her as her sweater is looking well worn. I think its really cute and I even hand embroidered a black blanket stitch all around too!!!




It was kinda cute when she was getting dressed, she didn't know what to do and I wish I had a movie camera to catch her first steps in them booties!



I can just see her thinking "Gosh how many does it take to get me dressed and for what reason pray ask I - and pics taken too"!!! ROFLOL!



Kinda funny but she was spiffy that is for sure and the family LOVED the fact I cut out Randy's Bomber's logo and stitched it onto her back.



"Okay you - both you and Dad have tortured me to get this stuff on, now what?" Yep they were all happy for her and Byran even took her out for a walk and the fleece booties stayed on.



"HUH, but I was out today already, do I really have to go again???"



Yep, I think when she realizes those booties will keep the snow from freezing in her paws and there's the vinyl traction on them too she'll be more inclined to venture out - I can hope! But I'm not sure about the outer nylon and fleece lined ones I made too, was thinking for the really cold days, I think they are too small for Belle. Will see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Belle looks just adorable in her winter outfit! I'm so glad the fleece dog booties pattern worked out for you - the kind of deep cold you get out there in Winnipeg can make a Maritimes winter look like a tropical vacation :-) and it's just not safe for little paws to be out in that cold. Love the Blue Bombers jacket too - nice job!

Jill-preciousmoments.blogspot.com said...

Hi,
Your dog is just darling, I love the little socks. Hugs