Sunday, May 16, 2010

AWESOME!!!

Well I woke and got moving earlier this morning and did my usual walk instead of driving to the park etc.  So today it was already 18C with a breeze so I thought I'd christen my new walking shorts and boy was I ever glad!!!  See today I felt really good and decided to see how I felt at my usual halfway point - I felt good - so I continued till I hit the 4 km mark on my pedometre (just short of my OLD long walk) - then turned back home.  The only thing that bothered me was the HEAT and boy was I glad I had my cap and full water bottle as it was nearly empty when I got home. 

It was just beautiful out and I even chatted with a few of the walkers and even admired a couple of sleek greyhounds up close - major feat for me!  Then home and into getting ready for my evening with the Lewiscraft gals for supper and craft night.  This time it's me with a hands on demo of needle tatting - so I've packed my supplies and even some images for ideas.  You'll have to drop by again to see the pics - not sure when I'll have them but soon.

Even my dear old Dad was out yesterday on his skooter for a fairly lengthy stroll by himself to check out the building of Dauphin's new theatre - maybe even visible from his apartment window.  That too made me happy as he's not ventured out by himself and that darned skooter gone is just collecting dust!!!  Yeah Dad!!!  If the weather is good I'll have to see if he'll come out for a walk with me to check out the Theatre again - weather permitting on the long weekend.

1 comment:

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

Good for you Rose Anne! The weather has been so glorious I have just felt like doing so much more as well. I got 15 hours of mowing done Sunday and Monday. I hope the weather holds for the long weekend. We had a bit of hail tonight and a thunderstorm but it seems to have settled down now.