Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Some Stitching to View!

Finally I've a post with some CQing to show off!!! This is a private RR and I was the first to work on it as I truly wanted to add my web and spider and so the List Mom sent it to me first - spoiled eh??? Anyways there was a lot of pink and it took me a bit to "get to it"!!!

blue is actually blue/green

The web was easy and I knew the spider would be too so I was not worried about that - it was the rest that had me stumped. THEN I remembered that some "overstitched" the details of some fabrics on other RRs and so I studied the "long and short" stitch and proceeded to use embroidery wool and did that on the tulip, open flower and leaves. Then I used some silk and overstitched with stem, straight and daisy stitches the vines and tiny flowers adding a clear bead for the centres. Okay that's done, now what else - had to ponder on that some. Then I pulled out JO of NZ's just acquired "SEAMS like fun ..." stitching album (JO's an awesome CQer) and picked a seam treatment for the top left pink patch and then added the green ferns from under the upper lily.



And I found my Venice lace trim and anchored that in place with green silk blanket stitch along the edge and Colonial knots in the open areas of the tri petals and then added larger beads in the circles. Okay now what??? Well looking through JOs album again I found the half circle Bullion knot treatment. So pulled out some hand dyed silk I received from Sharron B (great stitch learning site) and did the Bullions, then edged them with the same metallic from the web and I think that looked spiffy overlapping both patches.



Now I truly wanted to add my crocheted heart with beads somewhere too but decided I'd just baste it in place and let the other two gals decide whether it goes with this block or not. Heck they may have their own motifs they'd like to add, which is fine with me. I did mention that the List Mom could keep it or it could go with the block project - their decision. Okay, now to package it up and send it on it's way!!! I'm finished with it. LOL!



I really and truly wanted to do a Bullion knot flower on the hat on the lady in the silkie but was scared in case I ruined it so hopefully someone is braver than MOI!!! I think that would be an awesome touch along with maybe some enhancing of the flowers she is holding - JMHO!

I's finished!

2 comments:

Thelma said...

Beautiful work Rose Anne!

qwerty said...

Rose Anne this looks so pretty!!