Sunday, July 12, 2009

Lovely Weekend

Well those heavy downpours and thunderstorms hopefully have left us for a bit - I don't do well through them, especially when busing it and getting caught walking through it!!! LOL! AND talk about a wake up call for my sister Sylvia and DH - the tornado near Ear Falls is just north of where they live but all they saw was heavy rain and black clouds. Apparently there was one also spotted at Dryden ON too (60 miles south of them). Scary, as these places have never had tornados before.

Now my car gave me a scare but I did my best not to worry about it, if it's too broken, it'll just sit till I can get it fixed, that's what I decided. That's life! Well apparently I guess I checked the rad too soon from shutting off the car or whatever as today Randy (Pat's DH) checked it for me again and said it was down and after adding quite a bit and once the car was warmed up the red light shut off and there was pressure in the hose again. Hmmmm! So maybe it's just the rad cap loosing pressure (going to get that checked soon) and if not maybe the thermostat is going. There's no leaking fluid so it's not the rad or the water pump. So I've wheels again!

Anyways, I've done some stitching on my RR block during the PJ party at Kathryn's Stitching Studio Saturday evening and just about ready to ship it off early this week. AND pizza was on the menu for supper along with awesome fruit platters and homemade cookies that I barely touched the chips in front on my nose so to speak. Lucky me didn't have to bus it home at midnight either, Val was there and she offered me a ride home - was so very kind of her!!!

Then today even with some OT at work I still got out to my niece's for a visit (sure is nice seeing the renovations advancing and coming together so nicely) and return her bus pass and keys and naturally got to take my car home - YEAH!!! I've relaxed this evening, reading emails and my book which listening to baseball. Well guess I should do a bit more stitching on the RR before I'm too tired.

No comments: