Sunday, December 28, 2008

I was Spoiled!!!

Yep, here I've been saying for years that I've not been getting the Christmas leftover care packages like I used to when Mom made the food. Sometimes I do get the odd items to take back but most times not. Oh well that's life, I don't make and take anything so why should I get any in return eh!!!

Anyways, this year Sylvia mentioned that she was making sauerkraut perogies for her family gathering and Christmas meals and I begged for at least a dozen if there were any leftover. WELL a few days later and email came and she said they were packaged and labeled and in the freezer for me!!! YAHOOIE!!!

I went over to Pat's to pick her up for some quick shopping and she had a gift from Sylvia for me. It's a lovely handmade beaded necklace which I put on right away - and there's a story behind this baby!!! See in Sept/Oct when I finally decided to tackle my finances I had a retreat that last weekend and no money for it. Somehow I managed the retreat cost but no spending money and I was very very very good that weekend but there was a Christmas craft sale going on in the community and we checked it out. There I saw this necklace but no money so I set it back down and just kept walking around chatting with my friends until the group I was with was ready to walk back to the retreat. Well guess my sister saw this so when I walked away she bought it and put it away for Christmas - what a sweetie!!! Thank you my dear. I was going to ask to borrow the money but I already owed enough so put on the brakes and felt good but yet shitty too.



So then Pat and I zipped out for quick in and out to St. Vital for a couple of things and coffee at Tim's and then back to her place. I picked up my care package and talk about spoiled, Sylvia packaged for me some cabbage rolls which I'm not really keen on so I left them for Pat as she likes them (thanks for the thought though Sylvia!!!); and some YUMMY cheese rolls and my hoped for sauerkraut perogies!!! My New Year's meal that is for sure!!! And I bought my Delicio's pizza's 2/$10 so now I'm set for sure with my boss's gifted ceasars too!!!

1 comment:

Dale Anne Potter said...

LOVELY necklace!
Sorry, never did like any perogies other than potatoe or potatoe w/cheese.