Sunday, December 21, 2008

Doggie Jacket n Boots

Okay, I'm getting emails about these and thought I'd put the particulars here so everyone is privy to them.

The jacket is a "redrafted to fit" from Quilting Arts Gifts, Holiday 2008/2009 edition, page 102 but I didn't do the embellishing - instead cut out a Winnipeg Blue Bombers football logo and reapplied that onto the center back. It sure would have been easier if I had the dog right here to model as I go type thing, but what I have to fix is minor and one of these warmer days I'll fix it for her lickety split. See I can prepare the addon now and then it'll just be to cut off the previous seam and add these together.

Then the booties I googled for and here's the one I basically followed by Domestika, but again please measure and allow at least 2-3" from the ankle up the foot for the length - something I didn't follow correctly. And then you might want to read this on how to teach your dog to wear booties. Yep, her greyhound reminds me of Belle when they were trying to dress her up too! Poor things, but then they don't want to go outside bear either!!!

No comments: