Tuesday, December 23, 2008

CQI - Christmas Cracker Unveiling

Yes I know it's not Christmas but I've been sitting patiently since Nov. 22nd and have decided I'm opening this baby before joining my family for Christmas this weekend.



So without further ado a heartening Thank You to Hideko for this package all the way from JAPAN!!! It arrived in one of those plastic express type envelopes and I was kinda anxious about it's condition but even the awesome Oriental green box it was stored in was unmarked - WOW!!!



Okay, here is the cracker with the added lace on the ends to cover the raw edges (now why did I not think of that???) and the various ribbons to hold the insides in along with the lovely bauble charm and card. Now I'm wondering what is inside that I might use to embellish this lovely block?





Well inside there was a note wrapped around some kimono fabrics for another block and inside the tube were some neutral laces, three cards of varigated silk ribbon, various silk threads, a baggie with various buttons and beads along with a pair of Japanese scissors. Now these look lots more precise than the Dollar Store ones I've been using!!!





NOW WOW!!! I'm going to have to keep these items together in the lovely Oriental box and one of these days I'll tackle the challenge of embellishing this lovely block made for me.

Thank you so very much Hideko!
Hideko本当にありがとう!
(hope I got the translation correctly?)

4 comments:

quiltlion said...

WOW!! Awsome stuff!! Lyn G

Anonymous said...

Oh Rose Anne,
At last you got to opening that lovely Cracker I thought you would never last out?
Some lovely things for you to get inspiration from and play.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Hugs Pam

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

The suspense is over at last! What treasures Hideko sent - can't wait to see what you make with them Rose Anne!
Hugs,
Kerry

Karen 's World said...

We sure are lucky to have such great CQ Friends. I love your cracker and what you found inside, Happy New Years!
Karen