Monday, October 14, 2024

Catchup - Oct 8th-10th

Oct 8th

Well here's what I played with this morning!  


Then off to Rosenort for Cam's (nephew by marriage) funeral service - so sad - before returning to the retreat in time for supper and lovely fall foilage!


Then onto sewing up this From This to That NICU coverlet top Susan Cote introduced me to. And finally an UFO finish from February 2023, my Scrappy Times quilt!

And here is Pat's UFO finish!!! Pretty!!!


Well I've finally finished my kinda scrappy SUPPOSED TO BE NICU quilt BUT it's way too large at 52" square. So need to follow the pattern for 5" cut squares not my 6.5" cut squares I wanted to use up. No fear I'll add either windmill blocks or piano keys for top and bottom borders then the purple blue border to make it rectangular. 



And Sylvia's working on a lattice type quilt top.

Oct 9th

OOOOHHHHH I forgot to post the I Spy blocks sewn up at the last Assiniboine Circle Quilters gathering. I still have more to sew together before I start assembling quilt tops.

Then what a very productive day it was along with some lovely warm temperatures again! First off Sylvia finished off her Simply Serene quilt top, Edna is working on her turtles tote, Pat on her version of a mini quilt pattern that was giving her grief and I finished off my mini quilt Four Crazy Patches plus a kit placemat pattern with some of my fabrics to go with the print in the kit. Yep a productive day for sure!







Oct 10th

It's late but I'm just home from our quilting retreat, unloaded but not unpacked, relaxing with my feet up!!! Here's the first of two Assiniboine Circle Quilters placemat kits I was able to finish off today! 


AND Pat requested a group picture before we left! LOVE IT!!!


No comments: