Monday, October 14, 2024

Catchup. - Oct 10th-14th

Oct 10th cont'd

Hmmmm many said to go out and look at the sky!  Well I did and saw some greenish streaks and on the way home just after snapping Cooks Creek Grotto I finally see some pinkish ones.  Now I really am tired!!!






Oct 11th

Ohhhhh another beautiful day in store for us!





Thank you Aida for the invitation for a walk, coffee, cinnamon bun and your company! I probably walked too much but with the few rest stops it was good, no issues! Now I'll catch up with stuff!!!










And finally shots out my window! I totally LOVE our autumnal season especially if it lasts for a few weeks before frosty temperatures end it all!



Oct 12th

Oh oh it's getting crisper morning temperatures!!!

So today is MPQ and both Sylvia and I have ABC quilts to donate. Sylvia's two, the blue alphabet child's quilt and the larger horses quilt were from fabrics given to us by Angela's Mom Joan in her down sizing. I contributed the quilting by Lori Suss Night Owl Quilting & Dye Works. 




We've lots more to sew up. The other square one is also Sylvia's. 



These two small ones are mine.

Oct 13th

Ohhhh feeling sluggish today but decided to haul out my Oriental fabrics and decided the plan of action for the ACQ BOM that's just started! I've decided it'll be a scrappy with a creamy or minty green background with dark blue/green inner borders and binding - that's all I have to buy for this next donation quilt! YEAH!!!  

Then I used the special focal fabric ruler I just bought from Lynda K of ACQ and totally enjoyed the unencumbered view of the block before cutting, all in one step! AWESOME!!!

Tomorrow I'll sew up the first step!

Oct 14th

This is a sad Happy Thanksgiving for many, but we still have much to be very thankful for too! I'm especially thankful for my family, friends, and my good health to enjoy nature and my many hobbies and activities! Hugs to all!!!

I went for a brief stroll and took these pictures!




I had a quiet day and worked on my Assiniboine Circle Quilters BOM Economy blocks, first steps! Okay maybe I should have checked out the sample pictures provided and I'd have used a lighter gold next to the accent Oriental blocks as I was supposed to do!!! But I do like my flukey end results too. I'll see what they look like when the other pieces are finished, maybe I'll change the outer triangles then.


No comments: