Tuesday, September 05, 2023

Cliff Lake - Aug 29th-Sept 2nd

Aug 29th

Another day at the lake.  We tried to go to Whiskey Jack Tavern for lunch and meet friends and here they are closed Monday and Tuesday.  So back to the trailer and making lunch.  Another sewing day and napping before supper!  









I made an awesome one too, BBQ grilled chicken, grilled mixed veggies and Sylvia made coleslaw and small amount of ceasar salad before it spoiled!  BUT I forgot the potatoe wedges to put on the BBQ, so we'll have them tomorrow for supper.  



I tried showing Edna paper piecing and screwed up instructions three times!!!  Maybe Sylvia will show her a better way tomorrow!


These three are Pat's photos.




My photo through the trailer window.

Pat's photo from outside.

Aug 31st

Well today we sewed some after breakfast, then Sylvia, Pat and I watched the live-streaming of my brother-in-law's funeral service back in Dauphin, which was well attended. Then enjoyed a chicken burger and fresh veggies lunch before heading into Dryden to join Sylvia's friends for a supper visit. There were two major construction areas between Vermillion Bay and Dryden, but the camp owner told Sylvia about the back roads and we were just briefly in the long lineup waiting for the pilot truck to take us through before turning off. PHEWIEE, talk about a snakie winding hilly sometimes gravel road BUT no construction delays!!! We shopped a bit then to Tim's for coffee and relax a bit before supper. 


Florence and Roy took pictures of us in the restaurant and I took a group picture in the lobby. 


Then saw a helicopter landing next lot over before the 1.5 hr drive back to the camp in the dark on a wider paved but still winding hilly rock edged highway, speed was 80 km/hr and not even that in some places.

Sept 1st

WELL, Edna and I left about 10:30 am with nice overcast skys today and as we started out we were greeted by a huge eagle on that broken tree. As I approached to take it's picture, naturally flew away! 


We looked many times but could not spot the tree with the huge nest we saw last year, maybe those wind gusts this past year broke it?

So we stopped into Kenora for lunch with Adeline before hitting the highway again, this time just about a cloudless sky and sunshine. We got into the city 4ish, sorted out things then home to unload.  

Considering I left Wpg without my HBP meds I thought I should check it once rested. Not so good but took one ASAP and will check before bed again. I did call my Dr but he was away on vacation, won't do that again, I'll take the bottles next time.

Then I dropped off recycle stuff at the depot, got a bit of groceries and gathered what we need for Stomperfest at Reedy Creek tomorrow, hopefully dropping into Plumas to KickAss quilt shop first. It'll be a long day but Arnold Asham said this is the last year for it and Edna really wants to go.

Sept 2nd


Pat took this group picture before we left Cliff Lake.  


Then Adeline and Sylvia yesterday at Kenora on there way back to Winnipeg. 
Thank you for sharing.

No comments: