Saturday, September 01, 2018

Aug 7th - 12th Catchup

Finally arrived for a week's rest at Sylvia and Len's for some sewing etc.  Well I watered their new willows we planted in July and they are coming along nicely.  The Chinese Lanterns I got them a couple years ago love their new spot and are blooming beautifully  - can't wait for October to see the lanterns turning orange.  Yes a lovely yard even if the deer persist in straining through the fences.




Today was a good day visiting, a bit of yard work, showing my pics of Kenora and area along with completing two table runners sewn up last at year's fall retreat.  Two down, three more to go!  Then maybe a new project to tackle.  Tomorrow is breakfast out with Sylvia and her friends.



Aug 8th

Look what Sylvia made today with fresh beet leaves from her garden!  Yummy with homemade meatloaf and Angela's garden fresh tiny tomatoes.  Forgot to take the picture before we dived in!


Aug 9th

Today Sylvia and I had a sewing day at Tammy's Studio here in Dryden.  It was a small turnout but very productive.  I had planned out these two dragonfly table toppers along with the cardinal and chicadees ones too - but they are tomorrow's fun!  Then we picked Len up and went out for supper.  Tonight I did stitch on both bindings ready for evening visits while hand stitching.







Aug 12th

OK all packed up, ready for family breakfast and then on the road back home!  Maybe I should have left earlier or wait for evening but I hate driving against headlights.  Not a great picture but finally saw the red sun myself.  The willows are doing very nicely and the morning glories were in all their glory this morning so were the love lies bleeding - the winish long tassel ones.

No comments: