Saturday, September 01, 2018

Aug 13th - 16th Catchup

Aug 12th

I stopped on my way home at Bobby's Moose Creek Trading gift shop at Vermillion Bay on Hwy #1 and #105 intersection.  I'm now stopping there (since Casually Hip closed down) for some jewelry or special gift or lately for awesome ice cream!  Well this time I bought a small crystal chime for myself.  I've hung it off my light next to my chair and with the AC and fan on it's making periodic soft music - naturally in my emerald colour!



Lovely walk at Bunn's Creek this morning with the Prairie Pathfinders and Edna and now shared a veggie and feta sandwich but our own cinnamon rolls and coffee.  It was overcast but not any smoke smell - maybe higher up which is good.



Aug 14th

I missed posting this from our recent Kenora overnight  shopping at the Farmer's Market.  The Be You driftwood was from a different vendor and reminded me so much of Australia, I just had to get it!  The cardinal candle holder and chicadee decoration were from two years ago, also got a beautiful hummingbird then for my sister - hanging in her kitchen sink window.  The snowy owl and small trinket boxes are from this year and the heart n snail are for Janice that I forgot to give when we got back!  Bad me!


OK do you see the coincidence of things I like?  Here are my finished Octagon table toppers - something ready for October's Christmas craft sale in Dryden!  I also LOVE dragonflies!  I did the dragonflies first then planning the fabrics for the Christmas ones but decided they needed framing.  Mucho better!

Pattern is Quilt as You Go Round About by Marie Minaudier and was bought at Fabriculous in Gimli at their Christmas in July event using 6 fat quarters.





We started off at the Red Ember at the Forks and shared a pizza.  Then off to the Celtic Irish Pavilion where we all tried the light Irish beer Harp and some Guinness flavoured potato chips.  The entertainment was great but the light show just about gave me a pounding headache along with the sauna like heat inside.  Lovely evening.













Aug 16th

Good Morning even if it looks like it'll rain but probably just the forest fire smoke effect.  But just passed this beauty and couldn't resist!


No comments: