Thursday, August 02, 2018

Quilting and Tatting Etc

July 30th

Well go figure!  Today finally I read my instruction booklet for my treadle and was setting up to thread a bobbin etc and practise but no go!  Either it was missing or when transporting (upright) it was loose and fell out - but no spool holder in the drawers or accessory case.  Now I'll have to contact a local machine servicing shop and hopefully get a replacement.  Darn I was ready for a chance to do some machine footwork - see if I forgot how from my teens.  But maybe with this recuperating foot that's a relief!  😀


At least I did wind to shuttles for tatting ro start on my new snowflakes ordered!  And experimented with my butterfly pattern.  Love the new ones.  Cream is the basic pattern.


I'm going to make a few in different sizes and colors in case I need them like now for my postcards or whatever in future.


Just stitched on my Kenmore on this 5"x24" row for a sort of Row Robin but was starting to make mistakes so stopped for today.  Maybe finish off tomorrow?  I had to draft this up myself and used my eraser lots before it passed mustard!  Lots of itsy bitsy paper pieces to remove after that and send it off to the next person.  Been awhile since I participated in such.



July 31st

Enough playing - I'm tired!  I also increased stitches etc on both the butterfly and dragonfly.  I think I like the larger sizes better.  WOW not long ago I tatted as per the instructions only!  And for some reason my camera is not reading the Lizbeth 124 colors right in my tatted projects.  So I downloaded the ball so you can see the true colors.



And can be dressed up with beads like I did afterwards with needle and thread.  This is the original pattern that I played with.


Aug 1st

Oh boy here's today horoscope for Gemini!  Talk about true!  I hope I can survive Jan's plans for today and tomorrow in Kenora!

Aug 01, 2018 - Get ready for an active, energized day. If you have too much energy -- which is a real possibility! -- channel it into a vigorous workout or a project around the house. Or, work on a goal that means a lot to you. You're a social creature, but being by yourself is OK today. Creative ideas are coming fast and furious now. Your mind is zooming ahead. There are no limits to what you can accomplish!

No comments: