Friday, August 03, 2018

Aug 2nd - Rushing River

If it wasn't for the fact I love my friend Janice Palmer and nature in all it's glory, I probably would not endure her driving hikes!  First hike of the day at the Lower Rapids across from the park entrance.







After this section and before the highway we had to circumvent the collapsed bridge over rough terrain - just about my undoing.

I LOVE these and glad I finally got one closer up. 

The bottom two are of the Lower Rapids but for some reason my phone split it into two.


This trail I've not been on for over 10 years but only the Beaver Pond - not the Granite Knoll Trail which was marked difficult!

Beautiful scenery in the Canadian Shield!




Here we set a spell and had some healthy snacks.   It was so peaceful - just the sounds of nature around us.


Even the marshy areas too! 

The Rushing River Inukshuk Village. 

Yes very difficult and at least five times just about tripped over roots or rocks - twice would have been face plants into rock! 

After our just about 2-hr relaxation in the water again with my new toy, I finally crawled out and we headed for our picnic. 

Our table was right here!

We stopped at the Brewers Inn and Bakery for coffee to revive us for the return trip.

OMGG maybe I should have read this BEFORE starting the day!

Aug 02, 2018 - Excitement rises within you today like bubbles in a glass of champagne. Your spirits are high, even if there's nothing particularly exciting on your agenda. You just have a sense of 'joie de vivre' today -- the joy of life. If you can channel this energy into a specific project, you stand to make great gains now. But even if you don't, you should enjoy a delightfully spirited day.

No comments: