Friday, April 01, 2016

Cooking this Snowy Spring Day!

Relaxing after sorting paperwork for tax filing and ENJOYED an awesome supper.  See I visited Dale and Ted on Monday and she was preparing supper before I left.  Well I just had to pick up the ingredients and since it was coolish for once in my apartment I did not mind having the oven on.  So this is what I call Russian Dressing Chicken.  Ingredients are simple:  1 bottle Russian dressing (I'd say smaller size unless doing a family size chicken pieces tray), 1 cup apricot jam (next time I'llget the no sugar one), 1 pkg of onion soup mix and naturally your chicken (another friend said this could be pork chops).  Mix together the dressing, jam and onion soup mix and pour into zip lock baggie or covered dish - layer in chicken and marinate in fridge till supper time.  Bake at 350° for 1.5 hours.  I had it with mixed long grain/wild rice and salad.  I've also three servings to go into the freezer for quick meals. 

I did enjoy one of her dishes while there.  Thick cut pork chops seared on both sides and placed in a single layer in baking dish at 325° for 1/2 to 3/4 hour.  Remove meat and make gravy from drippings or prepared gravy or cream of mushroom soup.  Add chopped green and red peppers and fresh mushrooms to gravy, add meat back and bake another 1/2 to 3/4 hour and serve with roasted small potatoes and corn on the cob!  YUMMY!!! 

No comments: