Sunday, March 18, 2012

FNSI - update

Oh boy I've not blogged since Feb. 17th about the Friday Night Stitch In that I had signed up for - weekly update on the Friday night catch up on sewing projects. Well considering I was sick with a headcold flu for some ten days I guess that's not so bad. But I do have lots to report one that happened over the past month.

First off the last of February/beginning of March I finished off my china saucer pincushions (well the ones that had the holes) and these will be in the Quilt Refections 2012 Quilt Boutique along with other items (folded heart needlecases, couple of wall hangings, a baby quilt and maybe some fabric postcards). Anyways I do have more china saucers I would like to make into pincushions but they can wait to the June Lace Days and I'll top them with some of my tatting.

Top view

Angled view

Then while I was sick I did spend some time with mindless nine patch block stitching. These blocks are made up mostly from my stach of 6.5 inch charm swaps in black & white, white & black and the centre blocks of red & whites. I'm trying out the disappearing nine patch technique and so far I like it. Now these layouts are not final, I just wanted some pictures to post and with my sister and niece's help this next week I'll then have them numbered ready to stitch up into a top sometime in the future. Then I'm thinking of a narrow red inner border and the the repeat of scrappy left over blocks to go around for an outer border.

basic nine patch blocks

disappearing nine patch block
disappearing nine patch layout

Then I got busy this past week and seriously tried to work on the backlog of stitching projects I need caught up. The first to get stitched was the nine crazy patched 8 inch blocks that I need to start one seam treatment on each block and get ready for the May 1st mailout to the round robin ladies for embellishing. I hope I can make the deadline as I still have much to do for the April 15th quilt show!!!

left pointing, birdhouse, right pointing

rectangle, fan, square


triangle, diamond, hexagon

Won't these make up into a lovely reference fabric table topper book - full of CQing seam treatments?  Yep you guessed it they are various shapes!  I think so and just can't wait to see the results from all the participating ladies!

OK now back to the drafting table and start constructing and embellishing my Quilt Reflections Challenge wall hanging for auction to benefit the Winnipeg Humane Society. Then to finish off my bed quilt label and binding and also my Faces, Faces, Faces wall hanging that I also want to have hang at this Quilt Show.

No comments: