Monday, August 23, 2010

A Fun Weekend!

Saturday:


Well I was kinda disappointed in the turnout for the Aurora Quilter's pool party at Christine's
today as it was LOVELY pool party weather and I'm sure Christine and DH did much in preparation for this event too (thank you).  And also thank you to my girlfriend Angela for providing a swimsuit which made it possible to totally enjoy the afternoon - one of these days I'll plateau weight wise and find one that fits.


Again thank you Christine for being a most gracious hostess and definitely for the fun and games!!!  See between Ricky and Christine they made me laugh so much that I just about drowned myself (very limited swimming ability).  Yeppers it was a close call as it's hard to laugh hard and keep your mouth closed AND keep your balance on the pool noodles so you don't go under - I couldn't and lost the battle and then struggled to resurface!!!  AND someone even got pictures of it too!!!  And yes we did mention Norma a few times and wished she were here to enjoy the hysterics and also hope they're in their own home now or very soon!!!  AND some of us even got some stitching in while the rest of us just relaxed!!!  Yep it was an awesome afternoon of friendship and I thoroughly enjoyed the pool PERIOD!!!  Who knows maybe we'll have such a gathering again!!!


Then on the way home I bought myself a Bally ball and hope to strengthen my "core" muscles to improve my balance and once that is achieved maybe I'll try the exercises from the DVD included.  As long as it does not involve too much time - it would be awesome to tighten this tummy or lose it.  Then we walked the mall and I tried on an awesome swimsuit that I THOUGHT was on sale for $50 and it fit me very snuggly and was BEAUTIFUL.  Well it was in with the sale items but was actually $94 - dang it!!!  But at least I've found one that FITS!!!  Then we picked up a smoothie each and headed home! 


TALK about a very lovely day considering I just about cancelled except I'd already had the dry ribs ready and promised to pick up Florence at 10:00 - BOY am I glad I went - totally enjoyed myself! 


I can't believe it but after spending like 60-90 minutes in the pool with a pool noodle and doing bicycle like movements and sometimes arm paddles too I felt like a limp noodle and even two hours later my legs still felt like rubbery.  WELL it's like 6 hours later and I'm still feeling the tightened ab muscles and thighs/calves - weird, yet I did not want to get out of it as it felt so great.  Hope I loosen up so I can walk tomorrow.


Oh and at the mall I ran into my apartment parking lot ex-neighbour and he said WOW when he saw me so - YEAH, made me smile!!!


Sunday:


Well after all the fun and games and food and friends yesterday I vegged out in the evening so to speak and then this morning went to Assiniboine Park for my 70 min walk.  But I can say that two-thirds of the way through my legs once again felt like rubber and I was not sure I'd make it to the car and then home.  Then silly me decided to vaccuum the dog hair up before my company arrived and then cleaned up and headed to work for 3 hr OT.  SHEESH!!!  NOW I can't wait for the fun to begin!


See on the way home I picked up Florence and a bottle of Jackson Triggs Savignone(?) and home to the dogs!  While I stitched on my crazy patch block Florence tried to read and chat with me while eating nachos and salsa.  I had put potatoes/carrots/onions with Italian dressing/seasoning into the oven along with the leftover ribs with BBQ sauce and Florence brought her yummy cole slaw and along with the wine and some awesome chocolate ice cream - we enjoyed a lovely supper.


Then we are relaxed with another glass in front of the TV in these "better than sex" chairs (them's Florence's words not mine) and the dogs are sleeping.  She's quite rosie cheeked and says she enjoys my wine!!!  Okay, guess I better end this before I say anything more and she gets even with me!!!


Monday:


WELLLL I thought I was OK to walk the 4.75 km to work this morning, yeah right!!!  Hey it was only 17 C and did not believe the forecast that it felt like 33 C!!!  My big mistake and sure glad I had my iced water with me - at least it was still kinda cool half hour later when I really needed it!!!  It's supposed to be a T-stormy night - great that means the dogs are going to go squirrelie on me again and not let me sleep!!!


Okay it's time for the dogs' walk again and not sure what I'll do afterwards!!!

No comments: