Thursday, June 17, 2010

My CAR!!!!!!!!

Thursday, June 17, 2010

It was the STARTER!!!  Gosh four guys scared the crap outta me saying it might be my immobilizer and then I’ve wasted money putting in the starter etc. Well I just got the call and it was the starter and it was only $75 for labour. PHEWIE!!!!!!  So I’ll have a car again after work today!  YAHOOIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!  All I can say is THANK GOD this did not happen two weeks ago when I was driving all over the place by myself!

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

OKAY what a DAY!!! At 10:30 my mechanic phoned (so I left work) to tell me the truck driver hadn't shown up to pick up the part and instead of putting it on the bus etc which would have been a north end trip and then all the way across the city to the south end where the car is at Linda's and then semi sideways cross the city to Fort Garry where the mechanic is!!! Sheesh thank GOD he decided against that and just ordered the new part and I had to go to Polo Park area to pick it up and then off to Linda's. Well I got to St. Vital Centre but needed a quick stop and by the time I got back to the bus stop I had missed the feeder bus by 10 minutes and had to wait 25 minutes for the next one. So I finally got there around 2:00ish but could not slide my head, never mind my body (guess I still have not lost enough weight), under the frame to find this part I had to hammer on - so I gave up and called AAA to tow me to the garage. And talk about the day to go to 29C and sunny too!!!

So the truck finally got there 3:00ish and he tried the tapping as he also knew that trick, and was skinnier than me too, but did not work and boosting did not work and finally he checked the immobilizer and yep it was working as it should so he too thought that was not the problem. So once my baby was hooked up I then had to CLIMB into that cab for a rocking/bumpy ride to the garage. Robert met us and said that he'll get it fixed tomorrow for sure as he was shutting down when we had arrived which was fine for me.

I then walked over to Pat & Randy's and had supper with their family before heading off to Byran's piano recital - WOW that was quite eye opening!!! I can't believe how much he has improved since the last one I was at and I told him so!!! I actually was teary eyed listening to his recital even if he said there was a mistake - I didn't know it! Some of those kids were WOW and one played the music from The Sting and I was just a swaying to and fro!!! Then Pat gave me a ride home.

Yep a totally worn out day for me and not at all one that I'd call a vacation day!!!

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Well Saturday it started with a tiny hiccup no problem at all so I drover over to Linda's, parked on the far side of their 2-car driveway/garage and then drove her car to enjoy the trip to Kenora for their Quilt Show (previous post) and a visit with my sister and friend there too.  When we got home my car would not start at all - just made a very brief attempt at turning over then quiet!!! 

So I'd found out from my mechanic that it probably was the starter and he was arranging with a truck driver to send a rebuilt starter into the city for me.  Also instructions on how to try and "fool" it to start once I had the part.  So armed with my plastic mallet in my tote and all the instructions (I thought he was a bit kookoo when he told me this but hey he’s been right most times so who am I to doubt) and when I kidded with the guys at work this morning with it they naturally wanted to hear the story behind it.  AND Tom said yep sometimes you can fool it or if there’s a short you can juggle it that way but it still needs fixing pronto like. OKAY I’ll give it a try!  Now just waiting for the part to arrive and hopefully the Winnipeg mechanic (not a regular garage) still has an opening to fix it.

No comments: