Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Busy / Relaxed???

Well I had a Mad Hatter type of week at work and at home last week. Then Saturday was our MPQ Guild meeting and vendor sales where I had sold several items and did okay. Then I assisted Pat F along with Linda and Jackie with a postcard workshop and I know I had a great time assisting a number of ladies on their "first" kick at the cat (so to speak) and even tried to loosen up and not pass on my "fussiness" for this task. Think I did okay and the ladies all did great from what I saw before skipping off at 2:30 for the long drive to my sister's for the weekend.

Yes, throughout the weekend I finished off attaching the batting to the quilt as you go assembled Cuddle Quilt (yes Shauna's August gift is still not completed but closer now) and finally the borders after a number of "rippit" sessions! Then I stitched the binding pieces together but did not get it stitched on as planned.



Adding the last two borders to the quilt.



Adding on the binding.



Used left over pieces for the "Breast Cancer Awareness" postcard swap recently.

Yep, I had a lovely visit with my sister and BIL even if I did get "kicked" out earlier than I had planned on, never ever have I been asked to leave so they can go out and I'm not gonna let him live it down either. See his nephew and wife were down for the first time and Len wanted to take them around the area and I totally understood and I'd already assisted my sister with her PC problems so just packed up and left. No I did not get all the sewing done I thought I would nor my homework for my Hardanger class but it was a relaxing weekend.

Even with the weird noise coming from the other room and I just HAD to go check out - DUH me!!! What do you expect with two outdoorsmen getting together and various hunting "toys" around - mainly some calling horn and yep they had a great time teasing me for answering the CALL!!! MEN!!!

So I went to visit Sylvia's quilter friend Fran down the road for a couple of hours and then drove to Kenora and spent the afternoon, overnight and this morning with Adeline stitching, eating and gabbing. I love the crazy patch block she's working on and considering she's not "embellished" with doo dads before, just embroidery, it's coming along just lovely!!! We even drove over to "Country Quilts", the new shop her friend is opening across from the Greehouse on the main drag exactly 6 KMs from the bypass (coming from Winnipeg that is) - hopefully soon to be open. I LOVE the fabrics at the sneak preview along with one piece I was able to buy!

Nope, I'd not done my Hardanger homework and my class was this evening and I had just got home in time to turn around and head to class (returning with more homework). UGH, gonna be a rough day and I seem to be coming down with a head cold too. Oh well it was worth it this weekend.

No comments: