Monday, June 04, 2007

Another Down, Another to Go!

Well I just finished two postcards for the private swap due May 30th (just a few days behind) and they are going into the mail tomorrow morning, hope the girls like my choices! It was the first time I've changed tactics mid-stream but I realized what I had planned was just tooooooo much for me to get done this weekend so I downsized the design.

Not sure if these pics will open up to an enlarged screen (having problems with that) but the outer edge is Brazilian dimensional embroidery - bullion knots - which my class instructor and various other embroiderers have mentioned that the only way to perfect this stitch was to do hundreds in a row. Well after the hearts for Norma and these two I think I can honestly say I've done many in a row and might have the technique under my belt now.

Another quilter mentioned how to put shank buttons onto artsy quilts but I can tell you bending these metal shanks on the larger buttons failed badly - yep snapped right off. The lifesaver is that between the individual sparklies there were holes that a beading needle could go through so I sewed them into place all around. I'll have to practice "gently" next time so I still have a shank to hold the button in place. Thank you Dianne LJ for that tidbit of information.

Okay, onto the FAPC "Buttons" postcards (were to be mailed also on the 30th) and hopefully into the mail mid-week. Then I'm caught up on postcards until after the retreat!!! Thank goodness, now I have to learn some "restraint" and not sign up for more than I can honestly get out on time!!!

2 comments:

Linda Mullen said...

Ohhh well look at that!!!Mmmmmm

NormaH said...

Rose Anne, I love your paisley postcards! I must try some soon.