Saturday, December 03, 2011

Awesome Saturday

Well that is except for the 5:00 am wake by Murphy meowing, I quickly looked after the pets and then went back to sleep for a couple of hours and they let me.  YAHOOIE!  Then I got ready for my hair appt and boy it sure felt good to have a refreshed doo again!  Then right back to let the dogs out before I headed out to Selkirk to pick up my gallery showings.  This crew has adjusted to me very well and no trouble anymore coming through the door except exuberance of someone to talk to and pay attention to them.  LOL!

While at Gwen Fox Gallery I found out another of my postcards sold (that is two more than I thought might happen) - yes I have left them there and pray more find them intriguing and purchase more.  I did pick up a couple of other items that appealed to me there and then next door at the second hand store I found another lovely china saucer, some fine crochet cottons and a small corningware saucepan and cover all for $3.00 and then I needed a Tims pronto on the way back.

Oh Michelle and Florence - remember that Lockport Trading Co we passed a while back and I thought it was a restaurant or bar - well on the way back I stopped in there and you both have permission to kick me in the butt!!!  It was not what I thought - it is more AWESOMER than a Hallmark or tea house gift shops are and I had a heck of time to get out of there.  OH and they had LUG bags on 25% sale and I finally found one for myself that will pass for a purse - called a TaxiTote along with a different Christmas ornament for my desk also on sale.  Then I headed back to Wpg and hopefully for the Crossroads Nygaards DF shop. 

They had 50% off plus additional discounts depending on what you bought!  Well I wanted two pair of dress pants for work so I was determined to at least buy 3 items for an additional 15% off.  Hmmmm I found 4 items instead!  I bought a pair of navy dress pants for $16.97; jeans for $15.96; tan cotton casuals for $5.56; and a black zip jacket (like my red one) for $14.36 - which I paid lots more for the red one.  So all that with tax for $59 - what a bargain.

So now I am broke again, bills paid, but happy and going to stay put and watch hockey with the crew!!!  Tomorrow afternoon the owners return and it will be curious to see how they react when I get back from lunch with Florence and they are here!

No comments: