Sunday, June 06, 2010

My Newest Shuttle

Well I was loading up my newest shuttle today which I bought from Gail of Trillium at our Lace Days yesterday when it popped apart on me as my thumb was pressing on the centre area for a grip!  OH NO, I've broken another shuttle???  But nope, it has a spring like catch on the post like that which fits into the sewing machine bobbins for winding up!  WOW so I can get more bobbins for my machine and also for this shuttle for other cotton colours - YAHOOIE!!!

Also at the event a guest stopped by to chat at our tatting display and showed us her awesome G8-Shuttle and WOW now I have to get myself a couple of these too.  They use the Husgavarna bobbins (greenish in colour) within - changeable too!!!  It was just so compact and the screw in post acts as a tension control for the bobbin!

Yep I just loved our Lace Days and saw so much there and even have my very first pair of lacemaking bobbins as a thank you gift from Gail for my purchase.  But after checking with Anne at the demo table I find that most patterns take around a dozen pairs to execute - HMMMMM - guess I won't be making anything with mine as I need six pairs for the simplest pattern.  LOL!

1 comment:

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Love your new shuttle, I have never seen this one. Does she have a blog?

I love the GR-8 shuttles and have two of them. I love how they work. I also just got a pop-o-bobbin shuttle from Jane Eborall's sister Sally and they have great tension. I love working with it too.