Sunday, June 20, 2010

I'm Home!

Okay 10 hours of a mini quilt retreat in the work boardroom was kinda neato!  I did finish off quilting two crib quilts and now to decide if one needs a border or just finish bind them - oh gotta do up labels yet.  So not bad quilting but not good either - I needs LOTS OF PRACTICE!!!  Guess it's good I have a few more panels to practice on before I try my own quilts!  LOL!

I stayed and finished off the second quilt and started packing up at 10:00 and left shortly afterwards.  Talk about mosquitoes out there and silly me was in shorts and tank - well it was HOT when I left!

Okay here are the two crib quilts I quilted today (too bad pics don't show the work but maybe that's good too)!

Little Suzy's Zoo (panel only)

Goldilocks and the Three Bears
(panel with yellow, red and green borders added)

There was a lot of start and stop free motion quilting around the characters and then burying the ends within both quilts and then I changed to the walking foot and did the straight border quilting.  Like I said not bad but would be lots better with more practice.

No comments: