Monday, November 03, 2008

I'm BACK!!!

Yep, my MIA seems to be sporadic and I'll try and correct that soon! I'm just not "myself" lately and spending more time stitching or just relaxing - definitely not cleaning my place or working on my finances either - as I should be!!!

Okay, along with my sister Sylvia and a few Aurora quilters we joined Oma's Quilt Shop at their retreat in lovely Pinawa MB (just under 2 hours from home). Well talk about some lovely FALL weather (green grass and leaves still visible in places) and an awesome welcome into town from MANY various sized deer everywhere!!!



They literally stopped munching giving you the eye like "what you didn't see deer before - go quilt - leave us alone" and talk about weird fenced yards - not to keep children/pets in - but the deer OUT!!!

Notice the white dog just behind the deer and laying so relaxed-like by the car and the deer not concerned at all?

Talk about the lovely scenery for fabric postcards with the many islands and jut outs along the winding Winnipeg River.

And here's Sylvia working on her GFG project. This time she didn't bring along all project items and finished stitching one part of her Hunter's Star quilt and the other pieces sitting at home - Hmmm! Guess that did not pan out right eh?

And here is the main quilting room and one of the many AWESOME projects we got to see in various stages this weekend. We even had a few mini demos for those interested. Our Aurora group had a smaller (much cooler) room on the main floor that housed us just lovely like!

Here's one quilter's project that I was truly intriqued with - not as a quilt project but as gathering ideas - isolating one item or two - for my crazy patch blocks - patch fillers! The stitching in these was awesome!!!

This weekend retreat was in a more institutional type of facility, but the meals were good and lots if you wanted it too along with beverages and snacks out all the time. Yes I would return if it is possible as the rates were very very reasonable and I truly do not mind not having classes as it's a weekend away with friends and actually working on UFOs too!!!

Okay, here's one of my Fancy Selvedges PCs that I finally finished off and mailed off to a friend who's kinda lonely without her Internet connections - I can't imagine having to deal with that!!! Miss you dearly!



And here are three postcards I'd stitched in August while out at Sylvia's, I appliqued silk flowers and leaves onto background fabric and embellished with embroidered whirls and beaded centres.







These next three were made for the FAPC - Double Faced swap and I can tell you it took most of the month to bead - and double the postage too to mail off!!! I sure hope the gals like my interpretation!







And this last one is this weekend's simplified version of the above idea - trying to save supplies, TIME and naturally MONEY in extra postage required to send the above beaded ones.



I truly have to rethink some of my so appealing ideas for praticality that is for sure!!! Now I'm off to work on the last signed up PC swap "Spiders" and let me tell you they are a lot easier and are stitching up faster than the above group were!!! LOL!

No comments: