Monday, May 13, 2024

Catchup. - April 29th-May 5th

April 29th

Another day's errands and some cutting out of my Minnie Mouse fabics for placemats.  These will be sewn up this weekend at the ACQ retreat, but not sure when finished.  Sylvia pressed her picked out fabrics for the next scrappy.  Enough for today!!!

Ummmmm guess not, as I went through my batik FQs and partials and cut a pile of 2.5" wide strips, also ready for sewing together this weekend for the Jelly Roll Rug Sylvia, Pat and I will be have a sewing day in the future for.  Now at 11:30 I'm relaxing a bit before crashing!  Hopefully sleeping in tomorrow!

April 30th

What a cheery scrappy greeting arriving from Hobbsville, NC, in a plastic sleeve with the stmp on the outside! Thank you very much Lorri Lee. I also love the neatness of your back (well before I blanked out info)! 👏👏👏  A PFA swap - themed scrappy.



May 2nd

Sounds right to me!!!


WOW who'd of thunk of this one!!!


May 3rd

It was an early start but I picked up the girls and we're all at the Assiniboine Circle Quilters retreat in Charleswood. YEAH!!! Two days of fun and sewing with Edna, Sylvia, Pat and many quilting friends!!!

OMGG!!! I won the first bag prize of the retreat. My favourite is the "Madam Sew" machine table mat. Lots other goodies inside! Thank you!!!



May 4th

Here's a pic Pat was trying her selfie stick last night.


And this morning Sylvia has the first finished top of the retreat. Who will be next?


And here's another scrappy idea from Joanne Fontaine, thank you so much.


Okay it was a tough day, all of us were running low on energy and my hip was giving me grief so after supper I slowly started packing up. Here the girls beat me in packing up, glad to be going home a bit earlier. Definitely not ME!!!

We all accomplished projects but we didn't get a picture of Edna's lovely accent cushion with the half assed help from me and then Sylvia got her to the near finish, picture to come. She then worked on sewing up 6 placemats today.



Pat was very happy to get the heart table runner finished, her lovely hexie table topper finished, a scrappy lap quilt blocks sewn together being donated to MCC soon and even planning out sandwiching another table topper for herself, all UFOs. She needs more retreats to get more projects started etc!




Sylvia sewed up a lovely scrappy lap quilt top, started another scrappy top that I didn't get a picture of, then she played with a fabric art landscape picture. Awesome!





Me, well with a headache this retreat, I persevered sewing up the Minnie Mouse placemats for a friend and just about finished off the quilting. Hopefully this next week.




May 5th

Today us girls went for a "rida" with lunch at Syl's and to take in the Moren Barnswallows Quilt Show, then ice cream afterwards at Syl's again. What a beautiful day!




I totally enjoyed this event, especially the Scrappy possibilities this 2024 show AND the hand embroidered booklets by all! Thank you for all your work.

































BUT I was very, very, very, disappointed in the decision of not having vendors for the COMPLETE days of the show. That was not a smart decision, no matter if it was posted in social media! You sign up, it's for the whole show. Hope this does not happen for future shows! SO NOT GOOD!!!

No comments: