Friday, July 10, 2020

Catchup - July 1st - 10th

July 1st

Now how appropriate way to soend Canada Day than to work on the RCMP quilt, put on hold since April!  AND to have my first sewn block to match hexagons perfectly!  I didn't do such with the maple leaves as they are different sizes.  Hope all the rest work out as well!  ❤❤❤



Well a very very productive afternoon sewing up 4.5 sets of RCMP blocks and now enjoying my Canada Day dinner!  YUMMY!!!


July 2nd

WOW WOW WOW, my 1930s postcards made it onto the group's June 2020 banner!






It was awesome to have lunch at Jonesey's in Birds Hill with Colleen but dang it it was too hot for me!  I had this awesome salad on her recommendation and we were lucky to have free calamari offered today compliments of Sunova.  Then home to set up my machine etc again for more sewing of blocks tonight and tomorrow.  Then I cooked up this delicious supper along with my radler!



Oh oh oh I sewed yesterday and today and completed nine of the patchwork blocks and sewed them to the RCMP blocks sewn previously.  And you can see the last set sewn when I was too tired, upper left sewn on the wrong side, will be fixed next week.  I think I'm halfway completed on these blocks.  AND as usual when in a 'determined mind set' I missed a number of texts and yesterday had the phone on silent and just about missed a call too!  Anyways lucky Angie phoned to check on me and I was able to let her know I was OK just busy!!!  OOOPPPSIEEE!!!


July 3rd

After feeding the crew, no back to bed for me! I went for an early morning walk back to Sturgeon Creek with Edna but still too hot! We didn't go far nor speedy and quite surprised to see so many doing the same! Yep the reindeer displays were out and about but nothing new except he turned this one around!  Nice and easy with iced coffees afterwards!  Hmmm the exchange area still had lights out on the return trip and lots of unmanned lights, glad traffic was sparse with all these 4 way stops!


OMGG Edna and Laurie walk there and we both were there recently too!  But we don't jog and the dogs we met were either very friendly or kept on leashes by owners!  I guess she panicked, but that won't change the end result.


I was running at Garbage Hill in Winnipeg this morning at the same time as my friend Michael Bennett. This happened to him just after I left. Garbage Hill is an off leash dog park. Signage needs to be clear, people should not off leash their dogs unless they can control them. I’ve been bit by dogs before in Stonewall. It is traumatizing! PLEASE SHARE THIS. Brian Bowman Cindy Gilroy Virgin Radio Winnipeg Ace Burpee Royal Canadian Mounted Police CityNews Winnipeg City of Winnipeg Winnipeg Free Press ** licence plate is KLK356** Here is Michael’s story. Caution Garbage Hill Runners. I was attacked by three large, off-leash dogs this morning on my daily 5 mile hike on the Thump Trail. The attack was completely unprovoked and terrifying. I was powering up the toboggan slide, head down, when suddenly a large dog entered my peripheral vision and clamped down on my right forearm. Another attempted to bite my left forearm but I managed to fight it off with my hiking poles. The third dog circled me aggressively looking for an opportunity to attack. The owner managed to call them off and then promptly left with no offer of assistance or concern. The dogs continued to circle me as she corralled them back to her truck (no leash). I had to block her exit from the parking lot and yelled for help. She would not identify herself and would not present id. Two young women heard and saw the commotion and came to my assistance (both runners, thank you Maria and Kathleen). I explained what was happening and they photographed the truck license plate before it left. At no point did the dog owner offer to assist, ask if I needed a ride to the hospital, ask if I was in shock (I was) or expressed any concern other than a meek "I'm sorry". I will not -ever- return to Garbage Hill for fear of being bit by another off leash dog. Despite rumours to the contrary Garbage Hill is NOT off-leash, a very small section of the park is designated off-leash but the signage is inadequate. I apologize for the graphic images but I do want to emphasize the seriousness of this incident. It could have been worse, it could have been a child.


July 4th

Happy 4th of July to my American friends! Please stay safe and healthy!!!!!


July 5th

Hmmmm hope there is some of this when we finally get to do a road trip out west like last year!


July 6th

WOW I've not seen this store before!  It's like Dollarama but a Japanese shopper said more higher class!  Edna and I enjoyed checking it out and bought a few items at $3 each!


Here I thought WOW something different, yeah right tags are in Japanese but China is listed, so made in China for the Japanese market!  SHEESH!!!  Out of 9 items bought only this pencil case was Japanese!


My Fringe Element Tatters exchange from Tina A. of Denmark has arrived along with her original designed pattern and tatted 'Blomst med splitring 2020' beauties!  They both go so well with the metallic angel ornament I made and look lovely on my nearby lamp!  She also says even though Christmas is long gone she still has my bell from a previous exchange on display - another kindred soul - I have many Christmas ornaments up year round to enjoy!  Thank you Tina and also Ruth for the organization!!!  Much appreciated!



July 8th

UPDATE:  I forgot the unusual flower decor we came across! 

What a lovely evening for a walk with Edna and with Michelle around her neighbourhood!  And yes 5 minutes in I get biten by a mosquito!!!!  Lucky I brought repellent and quickly sprayed to prevent more bites!  Then also a social distanced visit on their deck!  AWESOME!!!



July 9th

Shoot forgot to post this yesterday!  Finished another special order of masks for Lorraine.



Tomorrow I'm getting my hair cut, not too short but this heaviness and weight gone!!!   I can't wait!  Thank you Adele for calling about the cancellation, much appreciated! 🤗🤗🤗

July 10th



OMGG thank you, thank you, thank you Adele for rescuing ME from a hot head!!!!! Then a lovely afternoon visit and some shopping with Pat and also thank you Byran for solving my Bluetooth CRV Google maps issue and showing me how to use My Music too!  Now a walk with Edna!  Perfect day!













OOOOHHHHHH lovely walk to end the day! And we met Paul Leullier, the reindeer figurines maker at Sturgeon Creek Park and saw the Canadian Reindeer!  The creek was soooo calm and five geese were bobbing heads at the creek edge but by the time I got the camera out they were walking away! Then we grabbed A&W floats and relaxed in Jacqui's screened porch before heading home!  One day we'll return here with hand work in the shade and breezes!




Dang my Bluetooth is not working for maps or music in my car once Byran left me, guess it was working using his phone connection.  BUT my texts are now voice read to me - WOW!!!

No comments: