Friday, February 26, 2016

Blended Nines Table Runner

OK here's the third project mostly sewn up.   This is called Blended Nines by Peggy J. Barkle from another of Linda's quilting books.  I started out sewing strips for two sets of each colour scheme for nine patches, which were paired up and then a wavy cut diagonally and resewn together.  What a mess but in the end I had squared off 3 inch blocks to play with.  It's the donation item along with project #2 ( strips and curves ) going to the Dryden Guild show boutique - a fund raiser for their guild.  The plan I desired was the pits with my fabrics so I played until I arrived at the setting I liked.  So hopefully tomorrow I'll finish the top and get to quilting it so I can leave it behind with Sylvia to hand in at the next meeting as I won't be there.
Forgot to take a picture of all the nine patches first.

I did not like my original setting.

Looking a little better but not just right.

I like this better.

But this is the ONE!

2 comments:

Carli The Quilter said...

Nice, is this a new 'nines' block pattern your own? New to your blog, interesting. I must try this out soon, take care.
Caroline

Rose Anne B said...

This is called Blended Nines by Peggy J. Barkle from another of Linda's quilting books. I just played with placement till I liked what one. Thank you Caroline.