Friday, December 14, 2012

40 YEARS!!!


No not my age, - LOL! - but years of service for Manitoba Agriculture (uninterrupted)!!!

OMGG, today at work I just received a "heads up" email to mark my calendar for a long term service award event planned for May 3rd and I'll be there with bells on my toes, so to speak.  Even if I have to drive back from Morden's Quilt Show/Aurora's Quilt Retreat planned for that same time!!!  No way I'm passing that up - wonder if it's just a certificate, plaque or if we'll all get a gift?  Guess I'll have to wait and see.

OH MY!!!  It just dawned on me that next year, August 13th, I will have put in 40 years of work - nonstop for child bearing/raising, secondments, leave without pay, etc!!!  Yes sir, my years are accumulating and retirement is more and more in the picture and appealing!  WOW!!!

OK this calls for some reminiscing!  I found one "group" photo of the Motley Crew of the Economics Branch and cropped myself out of it and then the more recent one!

early 1980s      -     March 2011

4 comments:

Jane Eborall said...

Congratulations on your 40 years. I did take a break of roughly 7 years to raise the kids but mainly because there was no child care in those days. Just grabbed the odd temporary job from time to time to help family funds. DID you say 40 years? The picture on your profile makes that look impossible. Again - congratulations.

Rose Anne B said...

OH YES Jane I said "40" years in 2013!!! LOL! but the mind says it's enough already - it wants to quilt, quilt, quilt the rest of my days - well maybe travel some too! Thank you so much for the lovely compliment!!!

tattrldy said...

40 years! Wow! **A big round of applause** I agree with Jane, you certainly don't look like you could have been there for that long. We're looking forward to pictures and the whole story in May. Congratulations!

Dianne Leatherdale Johnson said...

Oh my! You were a hotty!!
Dianne