Sunday, June 10, 2012

Another CQd Block

OK end of May I received another set of crazy patched blocks for my embellishing - these are Jane C's African blocks and at first I was intimidated wondering what I was going to do.  They are so lovely and I wanted to add to them not wreck them.  So I GOOGLED (love that option) and came up some ideas for African flowers, animals, masks and baskets that I thought I could embroider.

So not long after that I started on the Bird of Paradise leaves and flowers in the grassie fabric in one of the blocks. Then I chose some complimentary perle cottons and proceeded to embroider a trio of baskets in the same patch.  Two of them were in stem stitch but one is a woven effect and I like them all.  I decided that I would just work on the one block and for some reason did not take pictures of the other - which I totally LOVE - it has an awesome giraffe charm on it.
Also those dragonfly & butterfly are not my tatting, I just thought they begged for more to be added to that patch.  I just can't believe it but I finished this and got it mailed away in like two weeks???  WOW definitely a first.

3 comments:

DeeDee said...

I love the leopard most.. great work.

I cannot work that fast and have it look this good...

Rose Anne B said...

Thank you. DeeDee I just added to the bottom left section of the block, this is a round robin and work has been done by a few ladies already. AND usually I do not work this fast either! It just happened that I knew what I was looking for, found it and then the embroidery all went smoothly too.

Quayceetatter said...

Love the embroidered pots!!