Wednesday, November 16, 2011

More Blocks Finished!!!

OK I’m ahead of the game in the SewBuds December BOM heart to be mailed out Nov. 28th – YEAH!!!  And I can say this one was the easiest to assemble with Sylvia’s suggestions.  Thank you my dear, I even did pretty good with the join this time.  I’ve one more to do and I’m sure I’ll have it down pat for future such blocks needed.

Here is the block I chose from Carol L's selection.  It took some time to finish off, but I'm happy with it.  First off I attached the intriquing cotton lace and embroidered on top and filled that patch with French knots.  Then a friend of mine suggested trying to mimic the flower petal curves in my Bullion knots seam treatment - not so great a job - but I love that finish.  Then I added the ivory flower like buttons, dismantled those ivory earrings and anchored in place and finished that motif off with silk ribbon leaves and brown tendrils.  After this I worked on my tatted Allison Edging with bronze like seed beads and attached in place then anchored the green safety pins.  The other brown patch got some herringbone silver metallic straight pins with seed bead glass heads and the gold scissor.  The moire patch I found this lovely ivory button which got a cabachon treatment - I need lots of practice on this one.  Then the centre patch I knew was going to have my sewing stuff in there:  yep that raised Fishbone leave stitch for the threader, my thimble button with the huge loop cut off and anchored in place.  Then I added the half thread spool with floss wound on it and a stitched loose trail too.  The last seam was of the same floss as the spool has in cretan and a tail of thread still in the silver needle.  I really like this block.







This is the Joint Block in the CQI Sew it Up DYOB for Carol L and I was not sure what to do but then thought to mimic the mirrored butterfly (broken in transit to me) on the opposite side with my joined Butterflies are Free seam treatment.  Then I anchored the silver scissors and scattered silver straight pins around along with this really cute (well at least I think so!) varied sizes for fall buttons for my patch work.  Then I finished off the very small seam finish with cream floss cretan stitch.


Here’s the close up of just my patch.


And here are the four stitched on patches so far.  Top left is by Cathy L (love the flosses – gonna have to remember that one); Lorrie (Chef Tiger) – awesome button embellishment and fuzzy butterfly; Bottom left – Rose Anne B and last the Joint Block by all of us so far.  Definitely gonna make a lovely sewing room wall hanging for that is for  you sure Carol L.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Rose Anne, I love the spool of thread idea! I see you are not the first to use it, but I think I prefer the way you have attached it to the sewing better...