Monday, June 30, 2008

Retreating

Well after leaving Dale Anne's I drove straight to Medicine Hat and promptly replenished my missing laundry items and then onto Heather's. He He He, she got the arrival mixed up so wasn't home nor had her cell with her so I was a bit "lost" as to what to do. So onto Kerry's I was going but turned around quickly as the Kowitch's passed me going home - LOL! So I had a nice relaxing day with them both and Friday, after Kerry's brother's funeral service, we proceeded to Sylvan Lake and our quilting retreat! This was a no shopping trip with a quick stop for a refreshing head soaking and water bottles and ice cream we got back into my hot car for the rest of the trip - must say Heather DID NOT WANT TO - thankfully she listened when I said get it!!! LOL! Thankfully supper was kept for us as I was STARVING!!!

The weekend quilting retreat was very relaxing and mostly the food was great as usual so it was lovely chatting and stitching with my online friends. This was the least attended retreat that I've been too but then lots of room to work too - not sure if that is a plus or minus though. The weather cooperated and so did my car so far!

One good thing this year! Heather's Aunt from Grand Prairie joined us this year and I think she had a lovely time (I hope so!) and she went back to Medicine Hat to visit so both Heather and Kerry had a ride home and I could continue with my northern trip without some backtracking. WOW! Hope they had a lovely visit after resting up!

1 comment:

Linda Mullen said...

wow, what an experience. This will be a retreat to remember. Glad you're enjoying yourself.