Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A learning time!

Well I had a great day yesterday stitching with Dale Anne in her studio and her DH cooking all meals for us - what an awesome cook - at this rate I'll definitely not fit my jeans!!!

Yes, I worked on finishing up my needlecases for possible sales and also shopped in Dale Anne's stash and got my borders for my Delectable Mountains blocks that I'll be stitching up at Western Retreat and hopefully another quilt top for my sister to practice her quilting on. That's two tops I'll have ready but no backing yet for my own stars quilt top - what a chore finding that!!! I even got a box of goodies from Dale Anne for my CQing and 1930s projects - WOW - like Christmas for me! And a belated BD gift of two booklets for making your own quilt labels - gotta read through these better but quite informative from the flip through.

Yep, I kept sneaking prep pics of this baby and was getting excited with each step Dale Anne was working on. Actually at one point I mentioned I wanted that I wanted that for a vest and got "No not this piece!" ROFLOL! Yep, I can't wait to see what your creativity has in store for this piece! WOW!!! So can't wait for her Double Vision exhibition but won't see it till the end of July! Oh well I'm seeing some pieces in person now!

No comments: