Thursday, August 01, 2019

July Ending

July 27th

The benefits of waiting for a bus!


OK I'm nervous as heck (a cold sore too boot), but also happy too as this was the first time "I" shopped for a car and was loaded for bear with Wpg adds, my wants and $ range I was willing to go!  Needless to say my expectations were kinda met, my thoughts of shopping around blown out the window and my comfort level met, even though it is a "2013" which I was not going to look at and slightly more than I hoped for!!!!!  So thank you to Rob at Urban Garage for sending me to Winnipeg Honda and to Janice for taking me there today!  If all goes well on my taking the vehicle to my garage for a pre purchase inspection on Monday with Angela's ride, I just may have my newest vehicle ever!



July 28th

Thanks Karen for sharing!





More recent photo.

July 29th

Talk about another jam packed day!  First off Angela picked me up so I could take my car over to Urban Garage for a look over, it passed. Then back to Wpg Honda for them to safety it before I get it on Wednesday.  Just got home and Linda picked me up to go to Barb's to sew port pillows for orders she's gotten.  Then off to a fellow needleworker/quilter's estate sale for a few goodies.  The bummer to the day is breaking off the arm on my glasses, my appointment is in September - anyone have gorilla glue?  Then we split up, Kim gave me a ride to finally visit Darlene who also wanted to check out the sale so off we went, then she gave me a ride home.  I finished the day off walking to the library to return a book.  PHEW!




July 30th

What a lovely day!  Again a stop at the library on the way to the Forks for a gyro and iced coffee lunch, reading under the tree near the water!  ☕😎 It's too bad I ran out of battery power as the grown goslings on the river were trying to fly.  It was neat seeing them just about to lift off then crash back down.  The frustrated honking was softer than grown ups but brought chuckles from me and those nearby! 🤗







Another week's blocks has gone by - it's now into the latter half of the program!  Enjoyed this one, nice and easy and good for fussy cutting too!  Hmmmm, lots of fabric with holes willy nilly!   🤣  That's OK as I'll be doing a piano key type outer border to use up whatever fabrics are left over!  😍 #52blocks52weeks


July 31st

Where did Wednesday go???   Took a bit but did go by bus to pick up my car, then the fun began!!!  Stopped for some groceries, dropped them off at home, picked up items before heading out again.  First NE to Darlene to drop off some silk ribbon and show off my car, then to Barb's to use her Gorilla glue on my busted glasses before heading NW across to get Edna and supper at the Wok Box and finish off SW end to show Angela my car, get my pictures and relax a bit!  Edna loves her garden n flowers and I got to pick more beet leaves for some more beet leaf buns!!!!  Thank you my dear friends!  Exhausting but happy day!



Crazy clouds!

No comments: