Saturday, October 05, 2013

OH MY Where Time Goes!

I just don't know where the time goes!  I've been busy at work with our Department-wise reorganization learning website uploads and trying to continue my work until new job description/duties are decided upon.  Naturally headaches are back and then last week was office cleaning to make room for two staff moving in so add to that lots of muscle aches.  Needless to say my stitching and quilting has fallen by the wayside and in dire state for catch up!

Then to add insult to injury (so to speak) I have another co-worker retiring and a gift I'd like to make, I also signed up for a Sashiko Japanese embroidery class (something I've tried on my own and now need to drop bad habits learned), a trip off to Toronto to visit friends, a house/pet sitting stint and quilt retreat all back to back so to speak!  I must be crazy!!!  And in this mess I'm still trying to fix Tom's retirement gift with much worry and also another crazy patched round robin starting up at the same time.  

BUT I've corrected the quilting on Tom's wall hanging just having a problem reattaching the mitred borders so waiting for the quilt retreat and my sister's much needed assistance to finish this baby off.  I've just about finished the second retirement gift, finished off my "naked block" for the round robin and some tatted/beaded thank you gifts too - just need to serge the baby gift before Wednesday to take with me to Toronto and I think I'll pack my Sashiko as my handwork while out east to work on evenings etc.  





Then mid-November I'm going out to my sister's in NW Ontario and assist them to move into Winnipeg for the winter months.  That'll be a challenge for them but also a relief for them and their families that they'll be closer to all if help is needed.  OK I think I'll make it one step at a time!

No comments: