Saturday, June 15, 2013

I'M BACK FROM IRELAND!

Yes I arrived back Thursday evening about 9:30 pm - like two hours late leaving Chicago because of a storm on Wednesday that cancelled flights and they were in a whirlwind with standbys trying to get home Thursday and probably Friday still too.

Our trip of the AWESOME GREEN COUNTRY OF IRELAND was just fabulous - especially the country side which we both enjoyed the most - well except for those narrow roads (which they said were two lanes but I'm still wondering where the second lane was).  The International Quilt Festival of Ireland was very lovely but two days was definitely not enough to take in the various exhibits in various University buildings on campus and also take in a side trip or two.  We were kept hopping and totally exhausted when dropped back at our hotels in the evening that I did not even venture out to check the pubs - too bad but not enough time for everything.

For sure it was TOO SHORT and yes I DEFINITELY would LOVE to go back and take in the quilt show again but the rest of Ireland touring on my own (probably public trains etc from place to place) for as long as I want in one place to see all that I would like to see, even Northern Ireland!!!

There will be various posts on my travels along with a few pictures uploaded in the future when I get myself organized.  I'm also putting together a scrapbook when I get specific pictures printed, soon too I hope!  So much to do and I want to get it done before I start to forgets!  LOL!

Yes I am glad to be home as the bus touring was just too taxing on me and especially my sister who happened to miss a 3-4" step (lots in this country) and sat down hard and badly bruising herself but - she said yesterday she was finally feeling better but her elbow is a rainbow of colour patches!!!  I'm very glad she did not do any damage to her hip replacement or break anything else.

So next week back to work!!!

2 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Glad you enjoyed your trip, I look forward to hearing more and seeing some photos.

Judy said...

Glad you are back safely, and the your sister only has bruises to show for her fall!! I look forward to seeing all the photos!!