Saturday, September 30, 2017

A Longgggg Day!

Here at Cafe 22 relaxing waiting for Pat to join me for lunch!   I need it after yesterday and this morning's goings on.  See the bathroom patching will happen today along with painting of my hallway ceiling.  So last night I tackled my hallway and this morning moved all from the bathroom once again into the bedroom and the hallway stuff with my trusty wagon into my kitchen.  Then I did drop offs at Safeway of extra grocery bags, my hairdresser in S. St. Vital of toys and toiletries going to Mexico orphanage, coupons to Barb at UofM, plant stand and monitor to Angela in St. Norbert with a coffee chat, working type clothes to the Clothes Closet 800 Point Rd before heading back home to pick up my book - nothing done inside here so far - all before lunch.  We had a lovely visit and small pizza with ceasars.  Now to relax with my 2nd ceasar and read to pass some time before heading back!  Awesome day!

Happy this afternoon that we have this wonderful Autumn weather.  Hope it continues tomorrow for our Rae Trail Walk and Lavenham Fall Supper!

Ok Day 2 if my B&W challenge is of one of my trips to Ontario and a walk around town and the river.

Between Dryden and Kenora drive back to Wpg  - two eagles in the sky.

Dryden ON 

Dryden ON 

Behind Tim's Dryden ON 

Hwy to Sioux Lookout 

Needless to say I was frustrated upon my return home as there was no painter in sight nor any work done in my place.  So had to move things back again so I could use my bathroom and kitchen this weekend.  So who knows when it'll happen now.

This evening I'm tired, worn out but happy Lace Retreat started with an evening session as I'm beat!  Tomorrow I'm out with Prairie Pathfinders for a nature walk out Holland area and then back for another evening session at Lace Retreat along with Sunday afternoon.   So tonight I learnt how to load my bobbins properly, transferred my pattern onto the sturdy pricking sheet ready for my pillow to start lacing tomorrow evening!  Thank you Michele for being my official photographer to record my lacing progress.  Well here goes - I'm finally learning from the beginning with my book "The Bobbin Lace Manual" by Geraldine Stott.  Thank you fellow lacers for all your encouragement, pointers and hands on assistance - I'm praying I pull this off and enjoy it.  Special thanks to Beverley Dean for helping me garner more supplies - just sorry that you're moving back to England!

My first lesson and bobbins all wound.

This pricking is hard work on the hand.

No comments: