Saturday, April 06, 2013

Val's Solo Quilt Show


Well my day started off with stopping into Michaels and picking up a 50% off quilt batt, then off to get a hair cut and then zipped back to Michaels for a 50% off oval embroidery hoop and other stuff on sale as they won't let you use two coupons together now!  That's OK as I was in the area so I just returned.  Then I zipped over to pick up my two friends and off to Selkirk for lunch at Barney Gargoyles - awesome food.

OMGG Val CONGRATULATIONS on a beautiful "solo quilt show"!  My friends from Lewiscraft were with me and they both thought you are AMAZING!!!  We had the place basically to ourselves for our own leisurely perusal.  Now I've had a few questions on how you did some of the threadwork on the guys especially the facial stuff.  I answered that it was all machine stitched and then quilted in places.  Am I right?

BTW we had no problems at all travelling (more snowfall was expected today) except for trying to avoid the potholes and for me not enough spending money!!!

See after the quilt show we went "downstairs" to the AWESOME collectibles shop and I dropped a $20 easily there and the prices on my items were very very reasonable.  I wanted to buy lots more unique hankies, doilies and pot holders but restrained myself - maybe another time if she sticks around.  Beautiful shop and very well displayed and marked.

Then we went next door to the second hand store and I just found a couple more balls of crochet cotton and chatted with a clerk who also makes charity quilts and crocheted blankets for donations.  Then naturally over to Selkirk's unbelievable Dollar Store in walking distance for a few greeting cards and look around at the unusual decorated/household stock they have.

We finished off with going back to Barney's for sharing of a pumpkin cheesecake (even left some on the plate) and coffees before heading back home!  YEPPERS an awesome day!!!  I can't wait till I retire and get to do this anytime - not just on weekends!!!

No comments: