Saturday, October 18, 2008

Lovely Saturday

WOW, I had an entertaining postcard demo/workshop with Maureen in Beausejour (was leary as I had such a horrible head and back ache from the work situation - packing/unpacking and paint fumes). Then we relaxed at Carol's bed and breakfast and were treated to a scrumptious breakie before heading off Friday to Steinbach and Tanell's Fabrics - Oma's was closed again - not sure when I'll get to see her shop!!! I tried to be good and I think I managed so, before we returned to Wpg.

Then today was my quilting group meeting at the church and I woke so so and actually had a lovely visit with the ladies and looked through a hoard of quilting magazines and came home with only 6 and one might be going back as it is a book. I didn't much beading accomplished on my Double Faced postcards though!!!

Then Maureen guided Florence and I to some samples sale and I thought upholstery and here it was 100% cottons and the cards varied from four to some had eight pieces of approx. 10" pieces of the selection for that name or brand or whatever you call it. I saw one bundle of 1930s and exclaimed aloud and the lady quickly brought out a box (I'm not sure that these are all repros) that she didn't have out as no one was buying them. Well I chose a few and left the rest behind - BOO HOO HOO!!! So I've my name and phone number on the list for next year's heads up for the same samples sale.















AND you won't believe what I paid for the above cards!!! One I noticed was marked $6.45 each and she was selling them off for a $1 each!!! YEP talk about a deal and most are about a large FQ or half metre of fabric per card, some were less and I'm not sure why. Then there were some wildlife and farm type animal scenic prints and I took one and then the two 1930s panels/pillows pieces and I'm going to cut the pillows off and reattach them at the top and have two crib quilts. Oh and she also had some flannels and tonnes of sample yarns and some crochet cottons so I picked up two yarns and varigated yellow crochet cotton for my CQing motifs. AND ALL this was $14 - pretty darn good eh?????

Oh and when I dropped Florence off she found her just bought book "The Secret" and gave it to me, so now I don't have to keep borrowing from the Library for my pokey reading/exercises and I traded her my older digital as she does not have one as yet! I'd say a pretty good day today!!!

Oh and I'm watching HOCKEY and soon to put my feet up and relax before crashing!!!

No comments: