OK enough trying to tat a smaller than 1 inch heart! The larger one is with size 30 is W 1.5 x H 1.25 inches and then the red I thought was size 50 but now I think it must be 80 as it came out of that bag is W 1 and 1/8th x H 1 inches. Then the pink is size 75 and just a smidgen bigger than the red one. I'll probably go with the red one but not anchor to the edges then I can still embroider the grid when the year of stitching is over!
At the Canadian Mennonite University Library. OK I'm just about ready to go home as it's fairly cool inside but awesome to enjoy the day here. Next time I'll park at the zoo and walk over so I don't have to be concerned about the two hr parking regulation.
So today I planned out this week's Annual Panel patches, satin stitched 5 more leaves on the fern branch and tatted the red Li'l Heart by Birgit Phelps in size 80 tatting cotton - a first for me and broke the thread only once just before the last chain - but enough to tie together and finish off. I still don't know if it's small enough to fit the 1 inch square though.
Had an awesome morning and part of the afternoon with Edna, Linda and Colleen walking the trails of Birds Hill Park and then a very leisurely lunch at Pineridge Hollow. A beautiful day for a walk in the park even if one trail was very uneven and tricky to traverse!!!
Then when I got home my package from trinityrocks.etsy.com had arrived and I'm very very happy with the items and their workmanship! I'm definitely not using this mug rug!!!
That I'm still keeping up with this project! It was too late yesterday or early this morning to try and upload and then was out till late afternoon. My friend Angela commented it would be neat to know how much time it took for each step - so this week I made note of the time in my booklet next to each entry. Now I'm not sure I really want to know this. LOL!!! Obviously I'm just as slow a stitcher as a reader I am!!! This week the two projects took a total of 13 hr 30 min - YOWSERS!!!!
The Annual Panel has a Chicadee bird, French Lavender - Lavandula dentata, Hollyhock - Alcea rosea (previously Althaea rosea ), Chinese Forget-Me-Not - Cynoglossum amabile, Cyclamen - Cyclamen hederifolium, English Primrose - Primula vulgaris, Lily of the Valley - Convallaria majolis. This stitching stretched out to 7 hrs and 50 minutes on the panel. On the Rose Table Topper I traced one fern like stem on one side, satin stitched the centre vein and outlined it. Then I satin stitched 8 lower branched out leaves and outlined them. The topper stitching stretched out to 5 hrs 45 minutes. This is sure going to be interesting as its taking a while for nice smooth filling in. The rose will be surrounded on all sides with these fern like stems. This week's total stitching amounted to 13 hrs 35 minutes.
I'm sewing up a few more blocks but spending more time shifting through those stitched to try and do something different. I see I've my favourite fabrics already in these blocks too much! Oh well 7 more to go and then I can plan out the quilt top and borders then it'll be ready to hand in to be sent to Quilt Canada in Toronto and then onto another one for the Winnipeg fundraiser.
I need a 3/4 inch heart for next week's embroidery patch - this won't do as it's about 1.5 inches. Guess I'll have to pull out the size 60 thread and see what size that tats up to be. But sheesh that's like sewing thread - can't make any mistakes as I won't be able to undo it. Pretty though!
Now that the apartment is back to winter normal and I can think without a headache I'm more productive and even have supper in the oven! So today I searched out some tatting patterns I need soon and then went into the sewing room - BRRRRR now I now it's back to normal as this is the coolest room! Darn I should have sewn the last two weeks - oh well that's par the course. At least I sewed up four more Canada slab blocks (top photo) so that's 16 now and just 8 more then I can plan the layout and sew up this top. I'm hoping to have one sent to Quilt Canada for the June Conference and then hopefully stitch up another set of 24 blocks for Winnipeg all through our local quilt guild Manitoba Prairie Quilters. See these quilts when all finished will be distributed to Ronald McDonald Houses across Canada. So I need another retreat or two for the drive to produce (next two photos from January's retreat)!!!