Thursday, December 10, 2009

Final Tatted Design!!!

Okay I know now that I enjoy making whatever tatting pattern catches my eye, I really do not enjoy "designing" tatted patterns!!! At least I can say I tried my hand (actually my mind) at it and now can go back to leaving that to the "designers"!!!

So here is my last attempt (marked 3rd & 4th) that I dreamt up the other night but not sure I like it either! I think #3 is the one I'm steering towards for my postcards but just a bit bigger middle circle. Do you like the background fabric, kinda appropriate I thought???



Then tonight in Chatzy the girls found a couple of links for me to check out and Janie explained the steps for Mock Picot and Lock Stitch and I finally got it!!! My practice piece ain't something to look at, but shows I did it!!!

4 comments:

Jane Eborall said...

Well done. The practice piece looks good. Funnily I never use a lock stitch when going from a ring to a split ring - I just make sure that on the second side of the SR I leave that small gap. First side is fine - just a small 'gap' between the two but you do have to be a tad more careful when doing the first half of the first stitch of the second side that it doesn't close up!!!
Perhaps this all goes to show that I'm lazy but it does avoid a bulky knot!!!!

Judy said...

That fabric makes the snowmen look right at home!

Gina said...

I do the same as Jane, just go directly to a split ring and make sure both thread sides are equal in length and the same length too as other picots.

Good job!

tattrldy said...

Your snowmen are cute - kind of like growing up, from child to adult. I like #4 but have a little bigger middle. All that snow coming down around them might make them grow ;) I'm with Jane and Gina, I go directly to the split ring and make sure the 'picot' is the right length. But I think that's our individual experience talking. You did a good job! Congratulations!