Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas 2009

Ohhhhhh yes I got back about 1:30 this afternoon from visiting family in Dauphin and my Dad was a sweetheart and quite agreeable with most things after the initial lambasting I got for traveling in the stormy conditions. Actually it wasn't so bad, it's just some of the stupidity of drivers in such conditions and the stray wildlife that made it a might interesting at times. LOL!

As usual my visit started off with tidying up but not much as this time my sister's had done most the week before. So I kinda played barber and cleaned up some stray growth along Dad's hair line so he was cleanly groomed for Christmas. I think he liked that very much even though I could tell he was a might leary with me and the electric trimmers! LOL - heck I was petrified but didn't tell him that! Then my chore was to peel and dice three large onions - yep I questioned that too but these girls don't know what it's like to "cut-back" on fats etc and I'm sure we'd have been okay with two onions too. Oh well.

My sisters' were more conservative in the food department this year and truthfully it was still more than enough for all and even though they took most of the leftovers home Dad and I still had enough for three days of meals. I think Pops was more than happy when he saw the ham steak out, me peeling potatoes and pulling out mixed veggies for supper yesterday! He quickly asked if I was going to make some gravy - I just chuckled and asked if he'd like some. Well he grinned from ear to ear knodding yes and just about licked the dish clean after enjoying his supper. Yes it was quite the change from the cabbage rolls, perogies, pickeral, salmon n stuffing, and the yucky salad which he tolerates - chuckling! There were other items but the above were more than usual and had to be eaten up before spoiling. I even left him some mashed potatoes and gravy for today, wonder if he cleaned it all off??? He just LOVES his gravy and would have it every meal if someone made it for him!

Basically I visited with him and after supper returned to my younger sister's to visit with them and relax for the evening. Then they decided to go on a road trip to visit one of the son's in Alberta so I got to cat sit too! Now these cats own the house and tell you basically when it's treats time and cry cause you are up later than their bedtime - SHEESH!!! Blackjack this morning even swatted his ball at me wanted some exercise I guess but I didn't have the time so gave then extra treats before I left! Not sure if that was a good trade off or not. Yes this cat somehow plays ball with you but I swear you get more exercise than he does.  One of their pasttimes is sitting in the picture window on the huge cat play structures and watch the birds at the feeders.  Well with all the fresh snow falling I just had to take a picture.



When I got into Winnipeg I dropped off my stuff and then rushed off to my Lace Group meeting and tried to tat more butterflies, yep the key word was try!!! I did two attempts then just scrapped it totally and just chatted with the ladies before heading home and checking the zillion emails waiting for me. So one more Christmas is past and onto a new year again.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Glad to hear that you are safely home again!
DD in NL, and a couple of friends made a turkey and all the trimmings, so they could have the leftovers! She has almost run out now!

Judy said...

PS - I have a lot of tatting patterns for you, too!