Tuesday, May 08, 2018

Catchup

May 3rd

On our way to Winnipeg with a stop at Geppetto's just opened and our first fries meal. YUMMY!!!



May 4th

It's been a busy day!  Picked up Edna and my sister Sylvia and headed out to Morden for a quilting road trip enroute and check out Barnswallows Quilt Show.  I was very impressed with their challenge pieces and bought a kit for next year.  Here are a few that really caught my eye!  There were many awesome quilts!

It's a Plus - Evelyn Hoeppner

Stone Jars - Katie Friesen

A Galaxy of Stars - Evelyn Hoeppner

Bargello in the Round - Waldina Reimer

My Mother's Garden - Tina Hildebrand

#1 - Last year's challenge with grey Ombre to be used in the binding and "30" something on the hanger.

#2

#3

#4

#5

This year's challenge is a kit of black and white fabric with 3 blues added from this selection. 

May 5th

We're on the road back home from East Grand Forks, just past Morris with a zig zag to OMA's now.  Lovely visit with our USA sister guild along with a Mexican lunch celebrating Cinco de Mayo along with a guest speaker Kim Baird.  With some shopping too!








A fine time enjoyed at OMA's.  Thank you very much Adiena and George.




May 7th

Well it was a warm and sunny drive back to Dryden with energy zapped!  Thankfully we're going out for supper so we can relax tonight and hopefully catch the Jets hockey game.  Tomorrow some yard work and I have to sew the borders on the Canada duvet top too.

Well we went to B&B for supper and I had a card for $10 off so I had a glass of Chardonnay today since I won't be here to enjoy my #years discount for my birthday.  The waitress brought over a mouse dessert with candle but did not sing - PHEW!!!  That was nice of her!  Now to wait for the Jets game to start.

Today - May 8th

OK I'm tired and starting to seize up again!  BUT earlier I gathered broken twigs and limbs off the lawn for Sylvia plus we both pulled out the too close to the flower bed keep out the deer fence and moved it out 2 feet so Len can putter in there with ease and Sylvia can have a couple of flower pots too.  Then inside to finish off the Canada duvet top for Taunya before packing up my stuff!  Early tomorrow morning is the ladies breakfast then on my way home again.


Just finished





No comments: