Saturday, February 24, 2018

Canadian Deaf Curling Association Competition

I'm back for the early morning draw in the 3rd MB ladies up 3-2 now.  Better game today.  AND I see this guy having this cinnamon bun and couldn't resist.  My breakfast.  DELICIOUS!!!


In the 5th end TIED 4-4.  In the 6th I wondered what happened to all our rocks - removed for the measure again 8-4 end of 6th.  My breakfast was delicious.  So in the 7th we are 11-4.  WOW!!!!  Game ended 11-5 for MB ladies.

John's Team Comte play tonight at 7 pm.

I left to visit my caretaker who's been in the hospital now two weeks with heart and lung issues - she's better than I last saw her.  Then went shopping with Edna but bought ZIPPO!

Then back to the rink for the evening game and talk about packed!!!  😉  I can't believe I forgot to charge my phone so no posting till I got home!

After the 1st:  Team Comte up 2-1 against BC;  MB ladies down 1-0 against Alberta.
After the 2nd:  Team Comte guys up 2-1;  MB ladies down 2-0.
After 3rd:  TC tied 2-2;  MB ladies blanked.
After 4th:  TC measured for 2nd point but only up 3-2;  MB ladies down 5-1.
After 5th:  Comte blanked still up 3-2;  MB ladies down 6-1.
After 6th:  TC - getting exciting - John's 1st was double take out and he said WHOOO!  John's 2nd just made the rings with skips help.  All that for a blank again - still up 3-2 against BC; MB ladies down 7-1.
After 7th:  TC - John's 1st double takeout of BC guards but now down 4-3; MB ladies shook hands down 9-1 against Alberta - not their game day.
After 8th:  TC - John's 1st rock take out of BC from rings - last rock (Bc on front edge) John blanked - still down 4-3.  Down to 13% might run out of power!
After 9th:  TC - John's 1st rock moved BC to back of rings knocking out ours.  John's 2nd shot was light but good for 2 - now up 5-4.
Nerve wracking!
After 10th without hammer:  TC - Ross's rock picked and missed placing guard.  BC rock through house.  Shawn's rock too heavy - back of house.  Lots of picks along centre line.  John's 1st guard stopped where Shawn's was to be - BC took it out.  John's 2nd guard again - BC was short!  Team Comte won 7-4!  YEAH!!!!




Dang it - I can' go to tomorrow's game - and it'll be great I think!  Good Luck Team Comte!!!!

No comments: