Sunday, October 01, 2017

I'm Lacemakin'

And so very very excited that I've actually started bobbin lacemaking with the assistance and patience of Beverley Dean at this year's Northern Lights Lacemakers Lace Retreat.  I can honestly tell you that I was a lot more comfortable tackling this first lesson even with a couple of mistakes that were corrected without panic - compared to my other two jump right in there small projects I did at the previous two retreats.  Thank you also to other fellow lacemakers for their guidance, material input, encouragement and overall friendship.  I'm taking a rest now and will return to finish off this first lesson later tonight.  The other pictures will be posted when completed.

First section called wholestitch -
also called linen stitch and cloth stitch.

The second section - halfstitch.

I'm showing off my first two sections -
I was so excited!

And here with my instructor Beverley.
Thank you so very very much.

And here are the first three sections -
two more to go!

No comments: