Sunday, October 22, 2017

A Give Up Day!

But oh is my foot (the one I went over on) ever sore from standing some 4 hours planning and cutting out 5 table runners before I gave up.  Seems today is 'give up' day for me.  This morning slept in and then tackled a second try of part 2 of Lesson 1 bobbin lace making till I realized I've a mistake again somewhere so stopped.  This is after I'd already undone 1.5 inches of incorrect work.  So I covered it and started on my laptop to compose "My Journey into Bobbin Lacemaking" for the Lacemakers Gazette only to find I've no internet connection and forgot the password so can't copy paste from my blog of pertinent info.  So I packed that in and went upstairs to do some quilt retreat preparation.  Well at least that worked out well till I realized I ran out of the border fabric and need ONE MORE 2.75" square but the three pieces I have leftover are 2.5" wide by 2.75" - so left that for a clearer mind to see if I can fudge it.  Then the last runner I'm cutting out is too long so I shortened the 18" length to 15" but the last fabric is only 25" in total - DANG IT!!!  Guess I could cut all other pieces to 12.5" lengths if I can't find this fabric at home.  THAT'S IT I QUIT FOR TODAY and went to make supper.  At least that went over without a hitch and was AWESOME!  I'm finishing off with Chai latte and the gonna put my feet up and read listening to Gord Downy tribute on 94.3 FM.


No comments: