Wednesday, January 21, 2015

My Lucky Bamboos Revisited

OK I again took my camera to work and retook pictures of my office desk Lucky Bamboo.  I think it's just lovely and can't wait to see what it's offspring grows up to be.
This is the top half of the 24" (more like 30") bamboo shoots that I bought - way too tall for a desk plant.  So I had researched and also asked The Green Scene florists how to cut it down and so far it's awesome.  As yet no further offshoots on these but there's good root development and the growths have fresh new leaves!!!  Barb my coworker talks to and touches them often!  I just smile and gaze on it whenever thinking things through.
These are the cut off lower sections of the bamboo shoots and as you can see two of the three have two offshoots each growing.  Periodically I keep checking to see if the shorter one is showing signs of any offshoots but as yet nothing.  BUT today I see on the two taller ones a lower node on each has another tiny bump just below - wonder if it'll keep growing into an offshoot?

No comments: