Thursday, January 17, 2013

CQing Update

Slowly but surely I finally got another set of WWCQ "Build a Seam" RR blocks completed and in the mail.  These take me weeks to work on and when I meet a stumbling block it's a bit longer.  Hopefully this month I'll get myself caught up and I know for sure I'll not sign up for such an involved RR again.  I'll stick to the smaller ones - less work involved in them.

These are blocks belonging to Lorrie and here are the pictures after what I worked on.
I added in the blue/yellow above triangles and
the pinkish below the white arches
Blanket/Buttonhole
I added in the cretan baskets on both ends and
the full seam treatment above.
Cretan
I added in the replica outline in purple  then the gold
detached chain and the pink fan like things.
Added my tatted butterflies here.
Do Your Own Thing
I did this whole seam treatment.
Feather

Added the fish above and the
swirls to flowers below with boxes underneath.
Outline
I added the pink fly st caps on lower treatment,
then added the mauve and yellow in between greens.
I added the double herringbone above.
Herringbone
I added in the star seam treatment above and
the designs in between  the flowers.
Straight
I added in the tourquise chain, the hearts and
the diamond seam treatment.
Chain
I wove the blue/orange ric rac together and
anchored with Colonial knots, cretan stitches and
added beads ontop and overcast circles bottom.
Ric Rac
So now it's onto the next set of blocks, which the day after mailing these off to the next stitcher, I planned out each of my additions for the nine blocks belonging to Joyce.  She did put in a personal request for my cretan stitched trees so I hope she likes what I've come up with.  Her blocks are so exquisite I'm afraid to stitch on them.

1 comment:

desertskyquilts said...

Very pretty seams. I can see what you mean about it being harder with each set. I don't know how you came up with so many ways of embellishing!